Biology Teacher Job Description
Here is a Biology Teacher Job Description template that you can use for posting a job.
We are looking for a committed Biology Teacher as a faculty member in our esteemed organization. The candidate should be able to handle the students from VIII to X classes. The Teacher is primarily supposed to be responsible for developing the scientific experiences and a sense of appreciation of all living organisms among the student community.
The teacher should be able to handle the students from different backgrounds with different interests and attitudes.
The focus of the teacher may be more on Activities, Projects, Experiments, Biology Lab and Records. The candidate must be well versed in preparing suitable micro lesson plans to engage the entire class with a purpose and evaluating the students’ knowledge through tests and assignments.
Biology Teacher Responsibilities:
- Provide stimulating learning experiences to students in Biology.
- Motivate and monitor the activities, projects, experiments, Biology lab and records of the students.
- Supervise the Science Fairs and Field Trips to develop experimental and experiential learning among the students.
- Prepare the appropriate lesson plans with clear aims and objectives to engage the entire class effectively.
- Develop and provide a variety of biology teaching materials and course content.
- Handle the students from different backgrounds with different interests, attitudes and abilities.
- Evaluate the students’ knowledge through various exams like tests, assessments and assignments as per the curriculum requirements.
- Update himself with the teaching strategies and techniques for better content delivery.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, staff meetings and other school events.
- Maintain good rapport with the parents and discuss the student’s issues.
- Dedicate to the overall welfare of the students and the growth of the institution.
Biology Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with relevant specialization.
- Master’s Degree and Research Degrees are preferable.
- 5 years of relevant teaching experience is compulsory.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are advantageous.
- Ability to maintain congenial working relationships with others.
- Passion to participate in educational training and workshops for professional growth.
Also Refer to:
- Librarian Job Description
- Student Counsellor Job Description
- Physical Education Teacher Job Description
- Music Teacher Job Description
- Computer Teacher Job Description
- Front Office/Receptionist Job Description
- Accountant Job Description
- Principal Job Description
- Hindi Teacher Job Description
- Preschool Teacher Job Description
- Job Description of Teacher in English
- Social Teacher Job Description
- Maths Teacher Job Description
- Physics Teacher Job Description
- Chemistry Teacher Job Description