Student Counsellor Job Description
Student Counsellor Job Description Template
Here is a Student Counsellor Job Description template that you can use for posting a job.
We require a dedicated, compassionate Student Counselor to join our school as a faculty member. The candidate needs to counsel the student community from VI to Senior Secondary classes.
The Counsellor’s primary responsibilities are to help students with issues such as poor academic performance, relationship troubles, bullying, psychological problems, low self-esteem etc., and provide educational, emotional and behavioural guidance to make students feel safe and secure with the development of student counselling support programs.
The Counsellor should pay utmost attention to the students’ concerns and treat all students with patience and compassion for every individual student’s home and social life is different.
The candidate should also be able to identify and analyze the students’ learning abilities and difficulties, interests and lack of interests towards the individual subjects and create an environment where learning is an enjoyable activity.
Student Counsellor’s Responsibilities are to:
- Listen to students’ concerns such as academic, emotional, and behavioral in a fair and unbiased manner.
- Provide all kinds of guidance to make students feel safe and secure with the development of student counselling support programs.
- Help students with issues such as poor academic performance, relationship troubles, bullying, psychological problems, low self-esteem etc.,
- Help students prepare for admissions and assessment tests.
- Provide individual career guidance with required materials to the students as per their skill-set.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, staff meetings, continuing professional development programmes and any other school events.
- Maintain good rapport with the parents and update on their children’s progress.
- Support the aims and values of the school at all times.
Student Counsellor’s Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology.
- Degree / Diploma / Certificate in Counseling or Guidance is advantageous.
- 5 years of experience as a Counsellor in the school field is preferred.
- Ability to listen to students patiently and friendly.
- Proven track record in providing effective leadership, motivation and guidance to students, staff and parents.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and mediation skills.
Also, Refer to:
- Librarian Job Description
- Physical Education Teacher Job Description
- Music Teacher Job Description
- Computer Teacher Job Description
- Front Office/Receptionist Job Description
- Accountant Job Description
- Principal Job Description
- Hindi Teacher Job Description
- Preschool Teacher Job Description
- Job Description of Teacher in English
- Social Teacher Job Description
- Maths Teacher Job Description
- Physics Teacher Job Description
- Chemistry Teacher Job Description
- Biology Teacher Job Description
Comments are closed