Social Teacher Job Description
Here is a Social Teacher Job Description template that you can use for posting a job.
‘Find School Jobs’ is looking for an energetic Social Studies Teacher to join our institution as a faculty member. The candidate should be able to handle the students from VI to X classes. The candidate must have a wide range of social knowledge of India as well as the World. The main responsibilities of a Social Studies Teacher include educating children about the elements of history, geography, politics, economics, religion, and culture. The teacher must update the students of current events and conduct the programmes like seminars, debates, tours and excursions of educational importance.
The candidate should also be able to identify and analyze the student’s needs, strengths and weaknesses with the help of assessments, assignments and experiments. The teacher must have excellent pedagogical skills and should leave no stone unturned in the process of effective teaching practices
Social Studies Teacher Responsibilities:
- Provide stimulating learning experiences to the students in Social Studies.
- Update the students of current events and improve their knowledge of history, geography, politics, economics.
- Conduct the programmes like seminars, debates, tours and excursions of educational importance.
- Organize the programmes like Mock Assembly, Mock Parliament and Mock UN etc.,
- Motivate the students to carry out relevant activities, projects, in Social Studies.
- Prepare the appropriate lesson plans with clear aims and objectives to engage the entire class effectively.
- Develop and provide a variety of teaching materials and course content in Social Studies.
- Handle the students from different backgrounds with different interests, attitudes and abilities.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and live classroom environment where learning can be a fun and enjoyable activity.
- Evaluate the students’ knowledge through various exams like tests, assessments and assignments as per the curriculum requirements.
- Update himself with the teaching strategies and techniques for better content delivery.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, staff meetings, continuing professional development programmes and any other school events.
- Maintain good rapport with the parents and discuss the student’s issues.
- Dedicate to the overall welfare of the students and the growth of the institution.
Social Studies Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in History/Economics/Political Science/Geography.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with relevant specialization.
- Master’s and Research Degrees are preferable.
- 5 years of relevant teaching experience is compulsory.
- Ability to maintain congenial working relationships with others.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students towards subject development.
Also Refer to:
- Librarian Job Description
- Student Counsellor Job Description
- Physical Education Teacher Job Description
- Music Teacher Job Description
- Computer Teacher Job Description
- Front Office/Receptionist Job Description
- Accountant Job Description
- Principal Job Description
- Hindi Teacher Job Description
- Preschool Teacher Job Description
- Job Description of Teacher in English
- Maths Teacher Job Description
- Physics Teacher Job Description
- Chemistry Teacher Job Description
- Biology Teacher Job Description