Music Teacher Job Description
Music Teacher Job Description Template
Here is a Music Teacher Job Description template that you can use for posting a job.
We are in search of an expert and experienced Music Teacher to teach classical and lite music to our school students of KG to Senior Secondary Level.
The music teacher is responsible for teaching students general music, instrumental techniques, scales,, and encouraging them to participate in auditions and live performances.
The Music Teacher is also expected to be well-versed in singing and playing musical instruments and having the ability to conduct concerts and other competitions to bring out the latent talents of the younger minds.
The candidate should also be able to identify and analyze the students’ learning abilities and interests towards the subject and create an environment where learning is an enjoyable activity.
Music Teacher’s Responsibilities:
- Teach general styles of classical music and instruments.
- Engage students from beginner to advanced level.
- Plan and implement lesson plans as per the curriculum of the school.
- Prepare additional instructional material essential for students.
- Train and rehearse the students for an effective performance within the time allotted.
- Evaluate the potentials and skills of individual students and guide them according to their skills.
- Prepare students for assignments, exams and practicals.
- Inspire and motivate students for their active participation in concerts, competitions and after-school music clubs.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, staff meetings, continuing professional development programmes and any other school events.
- Maintain good rapport with the parents and update them on their children’s progress.
- Dedicate to the overall welfare of the students and the growth of the institution.
Music Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Music.
- Ability to work with other musicians at all skill levels
- Desired skills in singing and playing instruments.
- Prior experience as a Music Teacher in schools is preferred.
- Ability to maintain congenial working relationships with others.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students towards subject development
- Ability to set and evaluate examination papers.
The candidate should be fair enough to understand that this job description may not state the exact responsibilities, duties and skills. The employee incumbent in this position is expected to perform any other job-related essential responsibilities and duties as instructed by the employer or authorized person.
Also Refer to:
- Librarian Job Description
- Student Counsellor Job Description
- Physical Education Teacher Job Description
- Computer Teacher Job Description
- Front Office/Receptionist Job Description
- Accountant Job Description
- Principal Job Description
- Hindi Teacher Job Description
- Preschool Teacher Job Description
- Job Description of Teacher in English
- Social Teacher Job Description
- Maths Teacher Job Description
- Physics Teacher Job Description
- Chemistry Teacher Job Description
- Biology Teacher Job Description
Comments are closed