Maths Teacher Job Description
Here is a Maths Teacher Job Description template that you can use for posting a job.
We are recruiting a dedicated and experienced Math Teacher to join our team to handle the students from VI to X classes. The candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of the subject and possess a strong interest in teaching. As a Maths Teacher, the candidate is primarily responsible for developing among the students a strong passion for Mathematics. The candidate should also help the students think hypothetically, figure out causes and effects, understand mathematical structures, and verify solutions.
The candidate should also be able to identify and analyze the student’s needs, strengths and weaknesses with the help of assessments, assignments, and experiments. The teacher must have excellent pedagogical skills and should leave no stone unturned in the process of effective teaching practices
Maths Teacher Responsibilities:
- Provide stimulating learning experiences to the students in Mathematics.
- Motivate the students to carry out relevant activities, projects, experiments and records in Mathematics.
- Educate the students on lab safety and encourage them to do the experiments in a responsible manner.
- Supervise the Math Fairs and Expos to ensure experiential learning among the students.
- Prepare the appropriate lesson plans with clear aims and objectives to engage the entire class effectively.
- Develop and provide a variety of Mathematics teaching materials and course content.
- Handle the students from different backgrounds with different interests, attitudes and abilities.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and live classroom environment where learning can be a fun and enjoyable activity.
- Evaluate the students’ knowledge through various exams like tests, assessments and assignments as per the curriculum requirements.
- Update himself with the teaching strategies and techniques for better content delivery.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, staff meetings, continuing professional development programmes and any other school events.
- Maintain good rapport with the parents and discuss the student’s issues.
- Dedicate to the overall welfare of the students and the growth of the institution.
Maths Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with relevant specialization.
- Master’s and Research Degrees are preferable.
- 5 years of relevant teaching experience is compulsory.
- Ability to maintain congenial working relationships with others.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students towards subject development.
Also Refer to:
- Librarian Job Description
- Student Counsellor Job Description
- Physical Education Teacher Job Description
- Music Teacher Job Description
- Computer Teacher Job Description
- Front Office/Receptionist Job Description
- Accountant Job Description
- Principal Job Description
- Hindi Teacher Job Description
- Preschool Teacher Job Description
- Job Description of Teacher in English
- Social Teacher Job Description
- Physics Teacher Job Description
- Chemistry Teacher Job Description
- Biology Teacher Job Description