Job Description of Teacher in English
Here is a Job Description template for a Teacher in English that you can use for posting a job.
We are looking to hire a Teacher in English with effective spoken and writing skills in English. The candidate should be able to handle the students from VI to X classes. The Teacher will be responsible for developing listening, speaking, reading and writing skills (LSRW) among the students. The teacher is expected to be pleasant and dynamic and engage the students with creative activities.
The candidate should also be able to identify and analyze the student’s needs, strengths and weaknesses with the help of assessments, assignments and experiments. The teacher must have excellent pedagogical skills and should leave no stone unturned in the process of effective teaching practices
English Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teach the students basic English skills like listening, speaking reading and writing, skills (LSRW)
- Develop a Spoken English environment in the class.
- Teach students how to appreciate literature and poetry.
- Conduct various programmes like seminars, elocution, essay writing, quizzes, debates, group discussions, theatre and drama.
- Teach students how to write the discourses.
- Prepare creative micro lesson plans for effective delivery of each lesson.
- Prepare teaching aids and material for live examples to retain the students’ attention.
- Engage students with the live role plays for active learning.
- Evaluate the students’ knowledge through various exams like tests, assessments and assignments as per the curriculum requirements.
- Update himself with the teaching strategies and techniques for better content delivery.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, staff meetings, continuing professional development programmes and any other school events.
- Maintain good rapport with the parents and discuss the student’s issues.
- Dedicate to the overall welfare of the students and growth of the institution
English Teacher Requirements:
- Master’s / Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with relevant specialization.
- Degrees like PGCTE/PGDTE, or M.Phil., are preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in teaching VI to X classes.
- Must be fluent and have effective writing skills in English.
- Computer Skills would be an added advantage.
- Ability to maintain congenial working relationships with others.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students towards subject development.
Also Refer to:
- Librarian Job Description
- Student Counsellor Job Description
- Physical Education Teacher Job Description
- Music Teacher Job Description
- Computer Teacher Job Description
- Front Office/Receptionist Job Description
- Accountant Job Description
- Principal Job Description
- Hindi Teacher Job Description
- Preschool Teacher Job Description
- Social Teacher Job Description
- Maths Teacher Job Description
- Physics Teacher Job Description
- Chemistry Teacher Job Description
- Biology Teacher Job Description