Librarian Job Description
Here is a Librarian Job Description template that you can use for posting a job.
We are in search of an experienced and qualified candidate to work as a Librarian in our school. The librarian post is a part and parcel of every institution as the candidate plays a vital role in making potential resources of knowledge available to students. The candidate applying for this post should possess in-depth knowledge of library database systems and excellent communication and organizational skills.
The School Librarian’s main responsibilities are to perform a wide range of duties such as to catalogue, manage and safeguard the collections of journals, books, magazines, newspapers, electronic documents, and other data resources in the library. The Librarian is also expected to monitor the children in the library, help students in issuing and collecting the books, magazines and other material available in the library.
The librarian may also be expected to organize mini-lessons, crafts, and storytime as per the timetable allotted.
Librarian Responsibilities are to:
- Catalogue and maintain the collections of journals, books, magazines, newspapers, electronic documents, and other data resources in the library.
- Provide important resources of knowledge in the form of books and magazines to students.
- Help students locate all kinds of books and materials.
- Maintain library records making necessary updates.
- Ensure that all the students of different abilities benefit from the library resources.
- Develop an environment of creativity, innovation, and openness to new ideas.
- Empower students to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers.
- Maximize the effective use of the school library program with pre-decided goals and objectives
- Support students to identify, locate and find the material they require.
- Interact with other teachers to prepare and organize interdisciplinary lessons.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, staff meetings, continuing professional development programmes and any other school events.
- Dedicate himself/herself to the overall welfare of the students and growth of the institution
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Library Science.
- Prior experience as a School Librarian is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of library databases.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about working with students and teaching staff.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
Also Refer to:
- Student Counsellor Job Description
- Physical Education Teacher Job Description
- Music Teacher Job Description
- Computer Teacher Job Description
- Front Office/Receptionist Job Description
- Accountant Job Description
- Principal Job Description
- Hindi Teacher Job Description
- Preschool Teacher Job Description
- Job Description of Teacher in English
- Social Teacher Job Description
- Maths Teacher Job Description
- Physics Teacher Job Description
- Chemistry Teacher Job Description
- Biology Teacher Job Description